Newark Catholic Lenten Mission Week ~ Being Smart with your Smartphone
Dear Parents ~
We are happy to announce Newark Catholic’s annual Lenten Mission. We are offering a dynamic presentation next week, March 7th, 8th and 9th to our students. The theme is about educating our students of the power and dangers of using their smartphones. We have titled it Being Smart with Your Smartphone.
Below is a list of the speakers and links to their biographies:
- Monday: Kevin McNamara, from Arbor Counseling, is a licensed counselor who will speak about the psychological effects of internet addiction. http://www.arborcounseling.org/KevinMcNamara.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1#.VtcKpOYWfeY
- Tuesday: Officer Don Stanko of DigitalDanger.org, will present on the legal ramifications of improper use of the smartphone/computer and technological use. http://www.digitaldanger.org/?page_id=72
- Wednesday: Father Thomas Blau, OP is a Dominican Priest from St. Patrick Church in Columbus. A dynamic speaker, he will present on discipleship for young people and the uses of social media.
We are also offering two meetings for parents. We would love to see you at one or both!
- Tuesday Morning at 7:00 a.m., Officer Stanko will present and meet with parents to discuss his presentation to the students. Coffee and Donuts will be providedat 6:45 a.m.
- Thursday Evening at 6:30 p.m. Campus ministers, Chris Grieb and Andrew Maynard will offer a wrap-up discussion for parents providing them with an overviews of the mission as well as tools for continual conversation with the children.
Emails will be sent out after each day of the mission to inform you what was discussed and encourage you to talk about these with your children over dinner or any discussion.