The Educational Choice Scholarship (EdChoice) Program was created to provide students from underperforming public schools the opportunity to attend participating private schools. The program provides up to 60,000 EdChoice scholarships to eligible students.
The EdChoice Expansion Scholarship Program is available to students attending a private school with income-based needs. Students who qualify may receive significant tuition scholarships to attend Newark Catholic.
The Ohio Department of Education funds EdChoice Scholarships of $6,000 per year for high school students.
The governing board of Newark Catholic High School located at 1 Green Wave Drive Newark, OH, 43055 has adopted the following racial nondiscrimination policies. Newark Catholic High School recruits and admits students of any race, color, or ethnic origin to all its rights, privileges, programs, and activities. In addition, the school will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, employment, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school administered programs. Newark Catholic High School will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or ethnic origin in the hiring of its certified or non-certified personnel.
Ohio Edchoice Scholarships Overview:
- Maximum scholarship amounts are set by Ohio law:
- $5,500 for elementary (K – 8)
- $7,500 for high school (9-12)
- Scholarships pay for tuition only.
- The actual scholarship amount paid will be the amount listed above or the private school’s tuition, whichever is less.
- Income verification is required. Please refer to the chart here for income guidelines.
- If a child receives an EdChoice scholarship to attend Newark Catholic High School, the scholarship can be renewed every year through his or her senior year.
- A student must first apply and be accepted for enrollment by Newark Catholic.
- Newark Catholic will submit the application to the Ohio Department of Education on behalf of the student.
- For any questions or more information, contact the Admissions Department at (740) 344-3594, or email to email@example.com
- If a child receives an EdChoice scholarship to attend Newark Catholic, the scholarship can be renewed every year through his or her senior year.
- Current students who receive EdChoice scholarships must submit a renewal application during the enrollment periods listed above.
Students who are currently receiving an EdChoice scholarship can renew the scholarship for the following school year as long as they meet the following requirements. Parents of renewal students who meet these requirements must complete the EdChoice Scholarship Renewal Form and be attending for the following school year.
They take all required assessments for their grade level;
They do not have more than 20 unexcused absences for the school year; and
They do not move out of the school district in which they became eligible.
Enrollment in Newark Catholic is open now. Please contact the Admissions Department at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your student’s eligibility for the scholarship and to apply to attend Newark Catholic