Posted on Sep 17, 2013
Junior Journal Questions
JUNIOR JOURNAL: Read Chapter 2. Type and answer questions in your journal. Make sure the reflections are explained and cite examples where relevant.
- What do you think Columba meant by the “divine current”? How do you imagine the divine current present in your life? (2 Paragraphs)
- Describe an experience when Jesus was present to you in the Blessed Sacrament or describe how you imagine the heavenly liturgy. (2 paragraphs)
- How do you say “yes” to God ‘s Word by your own words? By your own Actions? (2 paragraphs)
- What do you do to be properly disposed to receive sacraments (Eucharist?)? (1 paragraph).
- Because “the Lord is near” (Phil.4:5), St. Paul told the Philippians, “Rejoice in the Lord always. I shall say it again: rejoice! (Phil. 4:4). Certainly such rejoicing should be found in each sacrament, where God is present to us. Select a sacred song, hymn, or psalm that you think expresses Christian joy at being loved and saved by God. In your journal, explain what the lyrics means to you and why they help you rejoice in the Lord today. (2 paragraphs and psalm, song, or hymn).
- Keep a record for one day and write down the opportunities you have each day to live as a sacramental person (as the hands, feet, and eyes of Christ). Describe a situation you encountered (at home, at work, at school, or in your neighborhood) and how you think Christ would want you to respond. (4 paragraphs).
- Read 1 John 1:1-3. Write two paragraphs in your journal relating this passage to the church’s Seven Sacraments.