NEW DEADLINE - April 9 -- Mary (Kane) Lefever Scholarships
The Mary (Kane) Lefever Donor Advised Fund (DAF), funded by Chad, Rich and Katie (Fisher) Gummer who are Grandchildren of Mary (Kane) Lefever, are pleased to announce the availability of the Mary (Kane) Lefever Scholarships to financially assist students from Catholic Parishes in Newark and Heath, Ohio who wish to attend Newark Catholic High School. A minimum of 5 grants at $500 each will be sponsored this year.
The objective is to first assist students from St. Leonard’s Church, St. Francis de Sales Church, and the Church of the Blessed Sacrament. Special consideration will be given to those students from St. Leonard’s Church. Mary and Chuck Kane were founding members of St. Leonard’s Parish.
1. Member of a Catholic Parish
2. Regularly attends Mass
3. Actively involved within the Parish and community
4. Demonstrates financial need through the submission of the FACTS Tuition Assistance Form with the Diocese of Columbus (information for this can be obtained through current Catholic school or Newark Catholic)
5. Submission of an essay of no more than 350 – 500 words (Times New Roman, 12-point font) on one of the below topics:
· Why a Catholic education is important to me
· Why I want to attend Newark Catholic High School
Please submit the above information along with student name, address, phone number and current school attending to Miss Beth Hill, Principal, at Newark Catholic High School by April 9, 2020.