Posted on Jan 19, 2022
NC seeking applications for School Principal
Newark Catholic High School seeks a dynamic, faith-driven leader to serve as Principal beginning July 1, 2022. The Principal serves as the school’s chief executive officer and is responsible for the leadership of all aspects of the school’s operation and the educational program with a focus on the core values of Catholic identity, faith formation, academic excellence, and stewardship. The Principal is responsible for establishing, demonstrating, and promoting the highest standards and expectations for academic performance, community building, faith leadership, and spiritual growth of all students and directing and nurturing all members of the school staff.
Offering excellence in Catholic education, Newark Catholic High School is committed to creating an environment for students to grow in their Catholic faith, learn in a rigorous academic environment, and extend their talents in service to others. Newark Catholic is one of 11 Catholic High Schools within the Diocese of Columbus. The school currently serves 205 students enrolled in grades nine through twelve.
- Knowledgeable and practicing Catholic with a thorough understanding of and experience with Catholic education and the teachings of the Church.
- Must be an active, registered parishioner at a Catholic parish.
- Commitment to modeling the values of Catholic educational leadership.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in education administration.
- Hold a valid Ohio Principal Licensure or is eligible to obtain this licensure.
- Minimum of 5 years of prior administrative experience in a Catholic high school.
- Minimum of 5 years of teaching experience in a Catholic school.
- Ability to successfully pass FBI and BCI background checks.
- Attendance at a VIRTUS Protecting God’s Children Seminar.
Salary is commensurate with the candidate’s education and experience. Interested candidates should complete an online principal application. In addition to completing the application, candidates must submit all of the following: a cover letter, resume, statement of educational philosophy, transcripts, a letter from your pastor indicating that you are an active participating Catholic, and three professional letters of recommendation.
Application materials can be mailed to Carrie Ramsay, Office of Catholic Schools, 197 E. Gay St., Columbus, OH 43215 or sent via email at cramsay@columbuscatholic.
org. The application deadline is February 4, 2022.